By accessing the website currently located at www.invets.org (the “Site”), using the INvets application (the “Application”) through the Site or directly at https://app.invets.org, or by accessing any other INvets service (the “Services”), You are entering into a legally binding contract with INvets, and will be bound by this Agreement. If You do not consent to be bound by this Agreement, You are not authorized to use this Site, the Application, or the Services, and must cease any such use.
YOU USE THE INVETS SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INvets may modify this Agreement from time to time. While INvets will endeavor to notify You of material changes to this Agreement, it is Your responsibility to ensure that You consent to the terms of the then-current Agreement. Your continued use of the Application, Site, or Services will constitute Your acceptance of any modifications to this Agreement.
INvets offers job seekers (“Candidates”) and prospective employers (“Employers”) (collectively, “User” or “You”) certain Services described on the Site and the Application. The Application consists of the following, without limitation:
- A Service for Candidates seeking connection with employment opportunities with Indiana-based Employers, which may include in-person interaction with INvets staff;
- A Service for Employers to connect with veterans and their spouses; and
- Any other related Services offered by or on behalf of INvets.
From time to time, INvets may revise existing or offer additional Services at its discretion, and without further notice. Unless otherwise exempted in writing, this Agreement will apply to all additional or revised versions of the Site, the Application, and the Services. INvets also reserves the right to cease offering any aspect of the Site, the Application, or the Services, in whole or in part.
- To use the Application and Services, You must be and You represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years old at the time You use or register to use the Application, Site, or Services;
- You will only share information with INvets, or post information on the Site or through the Application, that You have the right or authorization to share;
- The information You provide to INvets and post on the Site or through the Application is accurate, and is not false or misleading in any manner; and
- Your registration and use of the Application, Site, or Services does not violate any applicable law, regulation, or legal obligation to a third party.
Use of the Application, Site, and Services
Candidates that use the Application, Site, or Services must be a veteran of the United States Armed Services, an active duty service member, or the spouse of such a Candidate. Candidates or their spouses are required to submit either a DD-214 or Joint Service Transcript as proof of the Candidate’s or spouse’s service. The information contained therein will be kept confidential unless the Candidate agrees that such information may be used to generate a score pursuant to the Scoring Terms and Conditions, which can be found and are incorporated herein into this Agreement.
Prior to opening an account and receiving any information relating to a Candidate, Employers shall execute a separate Use of Information Agreement with INvets which is incorporated into this Agreement and which sets forth the understandings and expectations of the parties regarding INvets’s provision to Employers of information relating to Candidates. Except as described above, Employers will have access to all other submitted information and will make contact with the Candidate regarding employment opportunities at their discretion. Should the Candidate agree to the Scoring Terms and Conditions, Employers will receive a generalized score generated based on the Candidate’s military experience. A Candidate’s score is not to be used by Employers as the sole criteria for employment decisions. While INvets may highlight candidates with top scores, INvets is not an Employer of such Candidates, and expressly disclaims any liability that may be associated with the use of the INvets score, whether for negligent hiring or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowable by law.
Posting and Communication Restrictions.
Information You post should relate only to Yourself, if a Candidate, or Your organization, if an Employer. You will not post on or transmit through the Application to other Users any content that:
- is in any way unlawful, or promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities;
- is unprofessional or is unrelated to the purpose of seeking and/or filling employment opportunities;
- You do not have the right to post or transmit;
- infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any party;
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten, intimidate, defraud, or deceive any other users of the Application, Site, or Services;
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, overtly sexual, obscene, harmful, harassing, or otherwise unreasonably objectionable;
- contains information or images/representations of another person (whether video, audio photographs, still images or otherwise) without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- is in any way used for: (a) scripts, bots, or other automated technology to access the Site or Application; (b) viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful or disruptive codes, components, or devices; (c) spamming, skimming, phishing, trolling, chain letter, junk mail, or related activities;
- uses the Site or Application to contact applicants regarding jobs or consultancy opportunities: (a) that require any form of payment to apply; (b) that require the recruitment of others to apply; (c) that request the donation or use of human body parts (including egg donation and surrogacy services); (d) violate laws that regulate multi-level marketing, or any similar type of arrangement; or (e) that make citizenship or permanent residency a condition of employment if not required by applicable law;
- reverse engineers or attempts to derive the proprietary source code of the Application or Site;
- interferes or overrides any security feature of the Application or Site; or
- otherwise violates the terms of this Agreement, in letter or spirit.
Exclusive Account Use.
Exclusive use requirements are as follows:
- If You are a Candidate, Your account is for Your personal use only. You may not authorize others to access or use Your account, provide Your log-in credentials (including User name or password) to another individual, or create an account for another individual. You acknowledge that You are solely responsible for the security of Your log-in credentials and that INvets is not responsible for third party access to Your account that results from or is related to theft or misappropriation of Your account access information. You may have only one unique profile. Your use of the Application must be for bona fide career enhancement, career search, or acquiring information about the labor market or individual employability prospects. You assume liability for any risks or breaches, as defined by applicable law, associated with Your account that directly or indirectly arise from Your use of the Application, Site, or Services.
- If You are an Employer, You may authorize one or more of Your employees, agents, officers, or representatives to be designated as Users on Your account (subject to any restriction on the number of Users that INvets may assign to You) and to access Your account and utilize the Application’s recruitment functions. The Employer must assign administrative access and control to a single individual (“Administrative User”) who will be authorized to and shall define profile attributes and functional preferences for the Employer account. You may not authorize others to access, create an account for another, or use Your account, except as described in this Agreement. INvets is not responsible for third party access to Your account that results from theft or misappropriation of Your account access information. Users with access and control to Your profile must use the Application for bona fide candidate search and hiring purposes. You assume liability for any risks or breaches associated with Your account that directly or indirectly arise from Your or Your Users’ use of the Application, Site, or Services.
Risk Assumption and Precautions.
You are solely responsible for taking all necessary precautions when communicating with and/or meeting others through the Site or within the Application, including interactions that arise from Your Use of the Site, Application, or Services.
Liability Concerning Information Submitted and Received.
You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, and waive any liability of INvets, its officers, employees, directors, agents, and representatives relating to, the information and content You contribute, post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available through the Site, within the Application, or through the Services.
INvets makes NO GUARANTEES, either express or implied, as to the following:
- For Candidates, the number, frequency, availability, or compatibility of potential jobs available via the Site, Application or Services;
- For Employers, the number, frequency, availability, qualifications, employability, suitability, or compatibility of potential Candidates provided via the Site, Application, or Services. INvets is not responsible for conducting, and does not conduct, any vetting, including background checks, of any particular Candidate.
Third Party Connections.
We may provide You with the option to connect Your Application account to Your account on other professional or social networking apps or sites (such as LinkedIn) for logging in, uploading information, or enabling certain features on the Application (“Connected Site”).
- You understand that INvets has no control over modification to or actions by or on any Connected Site.
- You will be able to disconnect from any Connected Site through the Edit Profile page .
Reporting of Violations.
You shall promptly report to INvets any known or suspected violation of this Agreement by others, including other Users, .
The Application, Site, and Services are intended for use only in the United States. You will use the Application, Site, and Services in a manner consistent with this Agreement and all applicable laws and regulations. By using the Application, Site, and Services, You represent that You have not been designated by the United States government as a “Specially Designated National” or other person to whom the provisions of the Services are prohibited. Registration for, and use of, the Application, Site, and Services are void where prohibited. You are responsible for determining whether Your use of the Application, Site, or Services is legal in Your jurisdiction and assume any and all liability arising from jurisdictional violations or noncompliance.
INvets reserves the right, but has no obligation, to: monitor the information or material You submit to or post through or within the Application or Site; remove any such information, content, or material in its sole discretion, which may include information, content, or material that in its sole discretion may violate any applicable law, or part of this Agreement, or upon the request of another; or remove User profiles to ensure a quality experience on the Application or Site.
Limitations on Oversight and Enforcements.
INvets cannot prevent violations of this Agreement or misuse of the Application. By using the Application, You may be exposed to inaccurate, misleading, offensive, or harmful content, including content in violation of this Agreement. INvets cannot be and is not responsible and is not liable for the conduct of other Users of the Site, Application, or Services.
Account Term and Termination.
This Agreement shall remain in force until terminated. Either You or INvets may suspend, limit, or terminate Your access to Your Application account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon sending emailed notice to the other party. If INvets terminates Your account, notice will be sent to the email address then associated with the account at issue.
Proprietary Information and Intellectual Property.
INvets owns (or is licensed to use) and hereby retains all proprietary rights and intellectual property in the Application, the Site, and the Services (the “IP Rights”). Your access or use of the Application, Site, or Services does not in any way grant You ownership in any of the IP Rights, or the right to use or otherwise exploit the IP Rights other than the limited use You are permitted in using the Application, Site, and Services as contemplated in this Agreement. Trademarks, logos, graphics, service marks, and trade dress accessed in connection with the Application, Site, or Services are the property of their respective owners.
Grant of License to Posted or Accessed Content.
By posting information or content to any of the Site or Application, or making it accessible to us by linking Your Application account to any of Your Connected Sites, You automatically grant, and You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, to INvets, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content.